Crisis and Change Management
Businesses, especially those engaged in cross-border operations, occasionally face sudden unforeseen events that may have crucial impact and require decisive actions outside the regular framework of routine business activities. Such events may include, among others:
- Key market major regulatory framework changes;
- Epidemic/pandemic events, hostilities, international sanctions and other geopolitical events;
- Unexpected tax controversies;
- Criminal cases or civil lawsuits involving business, shareholders or executives;
- Decease or retirement of key persons and subsequent transition.
The situation that develops following the initial event usually has multiple aspects impacting the business far beyond the event itself. Among those aspects usually are reputation risks, sustaining uninterrupted business activities and cash-flow, relations with employees, customers and suppliers. Furthermore, such situation often requires actions across several jurisdictions, including restructuring of business operations.
Our firm has unique experience in providing support to business owners and management in ongoing handling of the event using the integrative approach, including managing and coordinating specialized professionals (legal, accounting and other) in the relevant jurisdictions. In addition, while handling the crisis, we support the client in identifying opportunities for legal and business restructuring not related directly to the crisis, in order to implement changes long overdue and increase business efficiency and security.